Welcome to the end of the internet

No, the internet is not going anywhere. But if you are here, you are there. Enjoy.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Baby Time

Ok, here we go again. This will be my third attempt at keeping up a blog, so I am not making any promises. Not that you were asking for any. The reason I have not been a good blogger is that I am largely uninteresting, but now we have a new caveat. Lucia Jane Varela. She's only 5 days old but people seem to be very interested in her, and with good reason. Babies are facinating. Everything she does is catagorically awesome because she has never done anything.

I will warn you right now that this is going to be one of those blogs by a new parent that thinks every mundane thing his baby does is completely fucking amazing. I won't neccessarily always talk about Lucy, but she is the star of the show and the only interesting thing about me. So expect a heavy dose of, "Oh man, you should have seen what she did today. Totally picked her nose. You should have been there. Classic!"

Speaking of which, we found out today that our daughter is the strongest baby EVER. Was she exposed to gamma radiation in the womb? Bitten by a radioactive spider? I don't know, but how do you explain the massive sideways pullups she was doing at the doctor's office today? Huh? I wasn't there but apparently she was grabbing onto the bars of the crib/table apparatus at the doctors office and pulling herself up and down the table, which the doc said she had never seen before in her life. So Lucy is already changing the game on 'em and I totally missed it! Oh well, there will be more. Apparently newborns aren't aware of their limbs, but my little girl's already way past that noise. Her pimp hand is already strong and she's already doing (something that looks like) pull ups. Ballin.

The first few days of parenthood have been awesome. And not awesome. Pretty much what you would expect. She likes to eat, doesn't like to sleep, is super duper cute, kinda loud, very sweet and so DEMANDING. But it has been altogether educational. I have already learned so many things.

Like that I don't know the lyrics to any songs. Babies like singing. More specifically, they like whoever is holding them to be singing. It must be a the way your chest vibrates or something, but I have learned that singing does the trick. I don't mess around with kids songs because I feel like it is my responsibility to introduce her to the good music. Doesn't matter that she is 5 days old. She should be listening to The Black Keys. And aparently so should I, because everytime I break into a song I get the chorus and the first line then start mumbling nonsense to the tune of whatever I am trying to sing. I can't even get the ones that EVERYONE has heard millions of times. I couldn't even remember the every-little-thing-is-gonna-be-alright, Bob Marley song. I've heard that song litteraly hundreds of times. Can't get past the 3 little birds part before its, "*mumble, mumble* Tis is my message to you u u." I'm and idiot.

OK, I won't get too wordy on the first post, but expect more soon. For now, here are some pictures of the little superstar.





3 comments:

  1. so excited....I am linking you immediately to my blog so I can follow you!! I am so excited for you and Pam!! Miss you both and can't wait to meet Ms. Lucy! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats brother! Baby Mangler right there! Im happy for you and you are going to be wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete